Wild Horse Pass Development Authority
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wild Horse Pass Development Authority Assistant GM Business Operations
at Wild Horse Pass Development Authority
JOB TITLE: Assistant General Manager, Business Operations
Wild Horse Pass Development Authority (“WHPDA”)
Gila River Indian Community (“GRIC”)
Position Summary: The position serves as a part of the Senior Management team of WHPDA. The position will provide direct operational oversight of the businesses directly managed by WHPDA, which include Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, Rawhide Western Town & Event Center, Gila River Business Enterprises gas/convenience stores, Gila River Displays, and Wild Horse Pass Chevron Station.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide direct supervision and leadership for the WHPDA self-managed businesses.
2. Provide regular communication with the Business General Managers, monitoring business performance, and insuring all WHPDA management policies are adhered to.
3. Identify business support needs and coordinate with Assistant General Manager, Business Services to address needs as required.
4. Prepare an Annual Plan for all businesses under the responsibility of the position that addresses the Community’s goals for the businesses.
5. Prepare and provide regular reports to the General Manager and Board.
6. Represent WHPDA and the managed businesses at GRIC entity meetings, WHPDA and GRIC functions.
7. Serve as a contact person for the Community government departments, and works closely with governmental entities having jurisdiction to insure conformance with applicable laws, regulations, etc.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the WHPDA General Manager.
Required Job Skills & Abilities
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to prepare and analyze operating and capital budgets
- Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Ability to effectively manage professional relationships
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Great follow-through skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent administrative and general management skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize time and responsibilities
- Must have ability to exercise sound independent judgment Knowledge and experience working with the Gila River Indian Community or other Native American Community preferred
Required: Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Project; Internet Explorer; Microsoft Outlook. Preferred: POS systems; and inventory control systems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that confirm to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and Boards of Directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and apply such concepts to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in all formats and deal with both abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work will be performed both inside and outside on a regular basis, in most weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly assigned to work in an office environment. During their workday, the employee will be regularly be required to walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit; and occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, lift, carry, push, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education, Work Experience & Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or a directly related field of study.
- Master of Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in operations management or development in roles of increasing complexity.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing a large team of employees.
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Preference is given to qualified members of the Gila River Indian Community.
The Gila River Indian Community is also committed to achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Gila River Indian Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.