Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager of Patient Care Services
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
The Patient Care Services Nurse Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Acute Care Unit (to include the Transitional Care Program) as well as additional patient care services to include, Case Management, Social Work, Wound Care and the Infusion Center. Is accountable for ensuring safe nursing care is provided in a safe, effective and timely manner.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the Acute Care staff schedule. Ensures specialty areas have enough coverage to achieve established objectives.
- Oversees the day-to-day functions of Acute Care (to include the Transitional Care Program), Case Management, Social Work, Wound Care and the Infusion Center.
- Monitors patient care for quality, safety, and effectiveness of care.
- Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention of staff.
- Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
- Reviews/updates policies and procedures at least annually.
- Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement.
- Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
- Facilitates department meetings.
- Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
- Actively reviews nursing records for documentation and provides timely feedback to staff.
- Reviews patient satisfaction surveys; develops and implements improvement plans based on patient feedback.
- Provides clinical support as needed and serves as resource to nursing staff.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the healthcare team.
- Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
- Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians and other members of the healthcare team. Has close working relationships with ED Nurse Manager
- Participates in committee meetings as appropriate
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; ADN
- Current AZ RN license
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience in Acute Care with at least 2 years in a managerial position
- Demonstrated knowledge of utilization management and case management.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities, effective communication skills and time management skills
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively with other members of the healthcare team
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) certification
- Previous leadership experience over multi-disciplinary nursing areas
- Rural healthcare experience
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, stretching, squatting; must be able to stand/walk for up to 70% of the work day; must be able to lift , transfer, turn and position patients weighing up to 125 lbs. unassisted, or with the assistance of one for a resident weighing over 125 lbs. May be subjected to offensive odors and combative behavior. Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally. May be exposed to communicable diseases including the HIV and HBV viruses. Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
Please click on the link below to apply for the position.