Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Village
Job Summary: Operates a multi-line telephone console; gives routine information to the Residents and visitors of Westminster Village; greets public; performs routine clerical works such as typing, filing, data entry, receives and redirects messages for staff and Residents; performs Emergency evacuation duties; and related work as required.
- Operates a multi-line telephone system.
- Screens and routes calls to appropriate destinations.
- Takes messages as required.
- Greets visitors, staff and residents in a professional and courteous manner.
- Supervises sign-in procedures; ascertains nature of business and directs visitors to appropriate destination.
- Operates office equipment such as typewriter, copy machine & computer.
- Controls use of DVD player, Roku and stereo-radio system.
- Uses paging system as required, i.e. radio pager and mobile telephones.
- Assists residents in signing up for Activities.
- Coordinates staff during Fire and Emergency Disaster drills per instructions from security and fire and police departments.
- Will assist resident with copying and faxing.
- Monitors Emergency Control Panel and reports emergency signals to Security. Monitors and controls Gate Access.
- May assist residents in internet searches and researching information.
Education & Training
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Full command of the English language
- Experience in using a multi-line telephone system required
- Previous experience in working with senior citizens preferred
- Previous experience in reception and clerical-type duties
- Typing- 50 wpm
- Data entry (Windows 10)
- Basic knowledge of various copy machines
- Basic knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment uses required
- Basic knowledge if a Lifecare facility