Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Westminster Village
The Dietary Aide performs designated work and cleaning routines for the Dietary Department and is accountable to the Dietary Manager. In the absence of Dietary Manager, Dietary Aide is accountable to the Cook.
The Dietary Aide stands and walks intermittently throughout the working day, as well as reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries, and manipulates various food products, dietary supplies and equipment. The Dietary Aide must have an ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 to 75 pounds and withstand exposure to temperature and humidity changes as in entering refrigerated storage areas, working at ovens, ranges, dish-washing machines, and at steam tables. This employee must be free from infections or diseases.
- Perform defined work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment as assigned by the Dietary Manager.
- Provide assistance to the cook in the preparation and service of meals.
- Meet scheduled meal and snack times.
- Follow Federal and State long term care regulations and Dietary Department policies and procedures.
- Follow cleaning schedules and perform cleaning duties as scheduled.
- Assist in arranging tray cards, loading food carts, and serving meals.
- Setting up the dining room and serving residents.
- Wash and store dishes.
- Follow established reporting procedures for the following:
- Supply or equipment needs.
- Any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair.
- Any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment.
- Any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
- Assist in receiving and storing food and supplies.
- Attend in-service educational programs.
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- Follow defined Infection Control procedures.
- Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and Facility’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by the Dietary Manager
The Dietary Aid will be a high school graduate and previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
Ability to read, understand and follow recipe directions, diet orders, tray cards, and work assignments.
This position will show a willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
Numerical ability is necessary for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals, as well as good motor coordination and manual dexterity are required for various work routines such as preparing food items, serving trays, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning work area. The Dietary Aide will be able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation and must be patient and tolerant toward staff, residents, and family members.