Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Ab Initio Developer - Apps Systems Engineer 5
at Wells Fargo
Information Technology Management (ITM) Authorized Provisioning Point (APP) Application team is seeking an Application Systems Engineer. The ITM APP Application team is responsible for driving the design and development of the new Authorized Provisioning Point in collaboration and alignment with the Enterprise Data Blueprint architecture. The intention of the ITM APP is to provide increased consistency, quality, and insight in the information available to manage the business of IT. Through the Enterprise Blueprint architecture, the ITM APP is implementing leading tools and principles in data warehousing to deliver an effective and efficient solution that simplifies the data environment. The ITM APP Application team is part of IT for IT Data Services team which is responsible for driving both near-term data to satisfy regulatory requirements while strategically creating the ITM APP.
The person that fills this position will be a vital part of our team and will be responsible for the design and development through a complete System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of Extract, Transform & load (ETL) processes using Ab Initio as ETL environment. . Will be involved in the building solutions in the in the different Data Zones (i.e. Raw, Sanitized, Conformed, and Data Distribution) that will be deployed within the Enterprise Data Environment (i.e. Hadoop/Map-R).
Will work directly with Enterprise Core Services (ECS) Strategic Data Solutions - Architecture, Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) Systems Architects, and IT business partners to understand the requirements and implement high performant database solutions of IT data within the Wells Fargo enterprise.
- Design and implement highly distributed, scalable and performant ETL processes - Staging, Data Enrichments and Strong data delivery techniques using Ab Initio as ETL environment
- Hands on ETL development (data transformations and data movement) using Ab Initio, Ab Initio Express IT, DQE (Data Quality) and Metadata Portal as key tools
- Effectively work in an ETL framework driven environment
- Identify key business processes and deliver subject specific ETL processes to load physical data models
- Support ongoing ETL efforts for Development, QA and Production environments
- Effectively communicate data design to other members of the team to ensure proper implementation and utilization of the data structures
- Partner with source system Subject Matter Experts (SME)s, Data Analysts and Modelers to build Conformed and Data Distribution views of complex data sources into our environment.
- Work very closely with business analysts, development teams and project managers for requirements and business rules
- Work on complex problems where analysis requires evaluation of intangible variance factors
- Plan, perform, and act as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing
- Work with DBAs and will review and critique data architecture design and implementation work
- Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications and programs
- Develops original and/or highly complex code and provides coding guidance to less experienced staff.
- Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations and analysis efforts.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7+ years of Oracle experience (Oracle 10/11G/12C)
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle Exadata Developer
- 3 + years of experience using Build Tools such as Reheat Satellite, Puppet, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with QA and other Technology teams within Wells Fargo.
- 3+ years of agile software development techniques including designing software for unit testing and acceptance testing, and the use of continuous integration.
- Experience leading junior level team members in a lead role
- Wells Fargo development experience.
- Understanding of Wells Fargo Hosting offerings.
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.