Washington Elementary School District #6
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Washington Elementary School District #6
Pay Grade: 4570
Position Control: 3515
Accountable To: Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 10, 2019
Summary: Under general direction, incumbent(s) performs preventive maintenance functions on gas, natural gas, and diesel internal combustion engines. In addition, incumbent(s) performs repairs based upon diagnosis and troubleshooting results.
- Performs minor preventative maintenance for all fleet under direction of lead mechanic and fleet maintenance supervisor such as performing seat repair, painting interior and exterior of fleet, checking tires for proper pressure, and inspecting and recommending tire replacement.
- Maintains fuel islands and surrounding area. Checks and fills all fluids including fuel for District fleet vehicles. Washes and cleans district vehicles.
- Picks up and delivers parts and other equipment for the Transportation, Maintenance and Operations department, including driving to parts location, verifying order, picking up invoices, and dispersing parts and invoices to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares vehicles for long distance travel. Inspects the interior and exterior of all spare and field trip buses.
- Assists with maintance of fleet registration information, insurance info, state inventory and operational reports, warranty reports, emissions program information.
- Serves as a reserve bus driver to include transporting students to and from school, conducting pre-trip inspections of buses, ensuring buses are safe and presentable, maintaining discipline, and preparing incident documents when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned of a similar nature or level.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired;
- One year of school transportation experience;
- Possession of valid Arizona Department of Transportation Commercial Driver’s license (CDL) with a passenger endorsement within sixty days of hire.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Two years of mechanic experience;
- One year of vehicle detail experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Applying standard vehicle operating principles;
- Understanding traffic laws;
- Knowing preventative maintenance for school buses and other transportation vehicles;
- Understanding and applying vehicle safety;
- Knowing defensive driving methods;
- Following established routes for student pick-up/drop off;
- Applying defensive driving techniques;
- Using computer software related programs;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Contact Information
Monday, June 22, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)