Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Rigger / Airdrop Aerial Delivery Expert
at Wamore, Inc
Do you want to throw stuff off of a perfectly good airplane and get paid to do this legally?! Are you looking for a new career opportunity with a dynamic, privately held organization? Wamore is an engineering and manufacturing company located at the Deer Valley Airpark. Wamore is an OEM supplier for commercial, military and aerospace clients as well as a turn-key system developer. The products we develop and manufacture are fun, innovative, challenging, and unique. This is a full time position (Monday-Thursday, 10 hour days). We have a friendly and casual working environment with a unique opportunity for professional growth. Currently we are looking for a Rigger, Airdrop Equipment Specialist, Loadmaster, Aerial Delivery Technician to join our team. The responsibilities for this diverse and multi-tasked position include:
- The primary purpose of this position is to perform a multi-faceted broad spectrum of aerial delivery functions, necessary for management of day-to-day aerial delivery operations
- This includes, but is not limited to, airdrop and airdrop inspections of equipment and personnel, rigging responsibilities, cargo manifesting, Joint Inspection, load planning, determining cargo/personnel eligibility, directly responsible for safe and efficient loading/offloading of aircraft.
- Inspects a variety of airdrop equipment such as parachutes, multi-loop lines, extraction force transfer couplings, latch assembly couplings, cable assembly couplings, actuator assembly, release cargo parachute M-1, lanyard arming wire, connector parachute, timer delay assembly, link lower suspension, link assembly single suspension type IV, link assembly heavy duty, link 4 point, parachute release single knife, bracket suspension, and tie down cargo quick release.
- Performs visual, dimensional, hands on, and operational inspection of the above listed equipment at the prescribed times.
- These inspections are in accordance with warnings, cautions, Army Regulations (AR), Technical Manuals (TM), Field Manuals (FM) and Department of Army Pamphlets (DA PAM, Safety of Use Messages (SOUM), and notes and Ground Precautionary Messages (GPM), for airborne safety.
- Uses a wide variety of inspection processes and techniques, and many unique and specially designed instruments and gauges (i.e., tension meters, scales, micrometers, gauges, torque wrenches, test sets, porosity, oxygen test sets, altitude chambers, altimeters, and protractors).
- Performs initial inspection on all parachutes, textile and non-textile components, and airdrop containers.
- Performs prioritized airdrop inspections, sequential work is determined, and pertinent ARs, TMs, FMs, and other manuals.
- Rigs and prepares unilateral airdrop test and training loads to include type V, CDS, or other non-standard airdrop platforms for airdrops.
- Fabricates container delivery systems loads, skid boards, and other associated airdrop items.
- Receives, unpacks, and inspects parachutes.
- Cleans, dries, inspects, and packs cargo and personnel parachutes after use.
- Maintains and repairs a variety of fabric, rubber, and metallic equipment.
- Operates and performs minor maintenance on sewing machines, punch presses, stenciling machines, and other similar equipment.
- Performs drop zone control operations as Drop Zone Safety Officer.
- Provides subject matter and technical expertise on air transportation and aerial delivery operations.
- Ensures airborne personnel and cargo for transport by air meet proper specifications to maximize safety of aircraft, aircrew, cargo, and passengers.
- Serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for orchestrating daily and long-range utilization of the aerial delivery systems to ensure accomplishment of assigned missions as well as support for future missions and deployment operations.
- Inspects cargo for airlift to verify eligibility and ensures proper documentation, packaging, and marking in accordance with applicable DOD, FAA, and company directives.
Skill / Requirements
- 4+ years rigging experience. US Army MOS92R or USAF Loadmaster training preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and technical manuals
- Must be able to obtain FAA Class 3 Medical Certificate
- Must be able to obtain FAA 3150 High Altitude Physiological Training (Wamore to provide, but requires medical qualification)
- Specific vision requirements
- Ability to multi-task and accurately work with little supervision
- Computer literate and familiarity with standard office software
The required full time work hours for this position are Monday - Thursday, 6:30am - 5:00pm