Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Purchasing/Buyer/Procurement - Assistant
at Wamore, Inc
Wamore, Inc. is a dynamic aerospace design and manufacturing company in North Phoenix and looking for an assistant purchasing agent. You need to be detailed oriented, highly organized, creative, flexible and a great team player. The successful candidate will be familiar with aerospace/military procurement and/or purchasing. Direct experience in aerospace/military is not required. Purchasing and procurement in any industry is acceptable.
- Locate sources of supply for procurement of custom, commercial, and military parts and raw materials.
- Analyze and negotiate favorable payment terms, pricing, and delivery for parts assigned.
- Prepare requests for quotes, purchase orders, and purchase order change notices.
- Review quotes, buy-sheets, and bill of materials (BOM) to determine and perform the necessary actions including: sourcing, purchasing, expediting, and cancellation of requirements.
- Manage and track inventory.
- Manage and track supplier performance.
- Manage and track orders
- Good problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good Computer Skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email systems
- Persistence and Integrity
- No Direct/Specific Experience Required
- Experience in an office environment is required, not entry level
- 2+ years of previous purchasing experience beneficial, Aerospace preferred
- Some experience with ERP Systems and Planning is preferred but not required
- Working and interfacing with Suppliers, Production, Quality, or Engineering personnel is beneficial
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Competitive salary dependent on experience