Valle Del Sol
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Based Counselor
at Valle Del Sol
School Based Counselor
Salary: $40,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
Join our staff of dedicated individuals as they provide quality, culturally sensitive behavioral health and social services to people in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
We are looking for an individual to provide counseling services and coordination of integrated care for consumers and families utilizing individual, group, and/or family approaches as indicated by need.
*Salary depends on Licensure level*
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health (B.H.) and 1 year of BH experience.
- Must have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and to meet the unique needs of consumer populations served by the agency, including children and meet OBHL requirements for a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) or Professional (BHP).
- Must be credentialed as BHT or BHP within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to develop routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have exceptional skills in communication (written and verbal) and able to execute conflict resolution.
- Culturally sensitive and trauma sensitive.
- Experience working with families of diverse socio-econominc status.
- Maintain an awareness of substance abuse symptoms, signs, and best practice treatment.
- Profficient in DSM 5 diagnosing.
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of human behavior, child development, and counseling theories.
- Knowledge of Windows environment and/or Electronic Health Records systems.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or the ability to be trained within 90 days of hire date.
- TB test
- Must have or able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
- Physical: Ability to drive, heat tolerant during summer months, legible penmanship.
- Mental: Ability to deal with emotional and/or stressful situations.
- Environmental: Most work is performed out of the office in the consumers’ homes or schools.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.