Valle Del Sol
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Lead
at Valle Del Sol
Join Valle del Sol in our commitment to provide quality, culturally sensitive integrated primary care and behavioral health services to adults, children and adolescents in need. Valle del Sol offers a diverse work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement.
The front desk lead (FDL) oversees the front desk operations of a geographically dispersed, multi-practice (Family Practice, Pediatrics, Women’s Health, and Behavioral Health) clinics. The FDL must be highly competent in customer service, eligibility verification processes, collection of co-payments and fees. The FDL must also be able to: work with all staff to ensure continuity of care for patients across all lines of services and cultivate external relationships with other partners, contracted health plans, vendors, and stakeholders.
** Must pass ALTA test for Spanish verbal skills at a minimum of ALTA Level 2 and able to read and write Spanish at a minimum of ALTA Level 2 in written Spanish skills.**
- At least 21 years old; except as an intern who is at least 18 years old.
- Associate’s degree, high school diploma, or high school equivalency diploma.
- Excellent customer service skills, organized, and resourceful.
- 4 plus years experience working in a medical office business or practice management role or a similar position with knowledge of health insurances and managed care operations, and experience managing front office and back office operations.
- Knowledge of coding, billing, and centralized scheduling.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Windows environment, Electronic Health Records systems, and the ability to do reports in both Word and Excel.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective fashion.
- Culturally sensitive.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) trained or must obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must have or be able to obtain valid Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must maintain current CPR/1st Aid certification.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or health care related field.
- Experience in NextGen.
- Experience with office medical procedures and treatments.
- Knowledge of the Arizona behavioral health system a plus.
- Knowledge of acceptable charging procedures is highly desirable.
Must be able to physically perform the following activities for the percentage of time listed:
- 100%, read, understand, and speak fluently in English.
- 90% sit.
- 10% stand, walk.
- 5%, move from one location to another within and outside the building.
- 5%, lift (up to 25 pounds).
- 5%, push, pull, reach.
- 5%, bend.
- Ability to effectively interact with patients, families, staff, contacts from other agencies, and Valle visitors.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work and maintain emotional stability under stress, strict time constraints, and possible emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality by not disclosing protected health information to anyone outside of Valle without the person’s prior written consent or sharing information to persons within Valle on a “need to know” basis only. This includes any identifying information concerning current, past, or prospective patients or employees.
Valle del Sol is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive salaries, opportunities for Training and Advancement, excellent Employee Benefits such as paid time off, paid sick leave, and paid holidays, healthcare, dental, vision, 401k, employee assistance program, voluntary products through AFLAC, company provided life insurance, and company provided short & long term disability.