Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reporting Analyst - Multiple Locations - 732205
at UnitedHealth Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 732205
Why work for the leading organization in health care to help improve the lives of millions? You'll find that this is no small opportunity on our Health Care Economics team. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. As the Health Care Economics Analyst, you will design and develop reports and analyze data to measure clinical outcomes, network performance and methodology levers. You will investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and health care costs data. Along with your team, you will identify potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies. You will help heal the health care system as you work with an elite team to solve tough challenges. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are searching for an innovative Reporting Analyst to join our experienced team in Phoenix, AZ. This creative role offers an excellent opportunity to directly impact an innovative function and secure your future with an industry leader. This position is predominantly responsible for creating new, modifying existing, and analyzing the data within regulatory reports and interacting directly with state health plans. This position is a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and analyzing all types of reports consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Assesses, interprets, and analyzes customer needs and requirements
- Provides analytical support and expertise when compiling and reporting information
- Evaluates and presents information in a manner that will facilitate management's understanding of the results and impact
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions in analyzing interpreting trends and root cause analysis
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience developing in PL / SQL with Oracle or SQLServer and/or TOAD
- 2 years of experience gathering business requirements and analyzing data
- 2 years of experience with client relations / customer service
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Background in healthcare
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: reporting analyst, SQL, Medicaid, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, TOAD, data analysis, Mississippi, MS, Arizona, AZ, Pennsylvania, PA
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!