Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Collections Representative - Phoenix, AZ - 727146
at UnitedHealth Group
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
If you are looking for a way to help others, while you put your customer service skills to good use, this may be the career for you. As a Medical Collection Representative at Optum360, a fast-paced, high growth company within UnitedHealth Group, you will be contacting and consulting with patients and/or their families who have outstanding medical bills. You'll consult directly with our customers to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. Your ability to communicate, persuade and convey payment urgency is critical to the overall success of our company. Your work will not only impact the bottom line, but it will also make a difference in the lives of our customers, greatly reducing their financial burden. At the end of the day, you'll know you are doing your life's best work(sm).
This function is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries / issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Contacts customers through a variety of methods (e-mail, form letters and phone calls) to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtains agreement, after discussion with customer, on potential balance payoff and/or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Performs research and documents on various computer systems customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Prepares and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed / planned payment settlement details
- May in some instances transfer settlement of account and related information to external collection agencies and remains in contact with them regarding further payment activity
- High school diploma / GED (or higher) or 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience or 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment, call center setting or phone support role
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Successful completion of the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrated proficiency required
- 2+ years of billing or collections experience preferred
- Claims follow-up, appeals process and other focused review processes (attention to detail and multitasking skills)
- Healthcare billing / collections related experience
- Knowledge of Medicare billing regulations and requirements including claim submission, claims follow-up, appeals process*
- UB92 and 1500 bill forms and filing requirements
- Knowledge of managed care and commercial insurance / self-pay regulation
- Ability to multi-task
- Consistent attendance with ability to meet work schedule including the required training period.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Rancho Cordova, Sacramento, Optum360, Medical Collections, customer service, call center, managed care, commercial insurance, self-pay regulations, UB92 1500 bill forms