Tucson Electric Power
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java Programmer Analyst l - Senior, Web Development
at Tucson Electric Power
Product Expertise: Web Application Server - Apache, Tomcat, Database - Oracle 12c
Skills Preferred: Mobile Applications Experience, Oracle Fusion Middleware SOA Suite 12c, lIS, SQL Server, TypeScript, and Automated testing such as Selenium or Karma
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, supports, and configures information systems to support business processes across multiple departments and business units.
- Develops designs, program specifications, data access, output reports, and input specifications. Assures that the design, programming, testing and documentation for assigned systems are correct, complete and up-to-date.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, and maintains software interfaces to enterprise systems using approved SOA middle-tier tools as defined in the IT corporate standards.
- Reviews work requests from clients and develops estimates for work to be performed based on industry standard estimation methodology.
- Gathers business requirements and recommends solutions to clients for the improvement of existing or proposed systems to enhance the functionality being delivered.
- Works with off shore partners under a global delivery model as required.
- Collaborates with IS infrastructure, network and security teams to develop technical requirements necessary to implement a successful project with minimal risk.
- Educates clients in understanding the operations and capabilities of their information systems.
- Participates in a team environment and performs assignments as requested by the group or team lead. Executes multiple project assignments and coordinates priorities with team leads and clients.
- Continually increases the understanding of utility business functions and processes and functionality in chosen technology track.
- Efficiently utilizes Information Services standards, tools, equipment, and training.
- Conforms to corporate procedures and Information Services guidelines.
- Works with internal and external auditors to validate application controls and compliance.
- Develops software testing, validation requirements, and use cases during the design process.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Performs feasibility evaluations, estimates system analysis and programming time, computer resources, and related costs.
- Performs the project leader role for small projects, directing and reviewing the work of team members.
- Serves as a mentor to other IS personnel to enhance their capabilities.
- Designs and writes complex functional specifications and programs.
- Creates new custom solutions when supported applications don’t include required functionality.
- Improves application proficiency.
- Utilizes project management techniques to develop project plans and track progress to optimize project resources. Coordinates project priorities with team members, team leaders and other IS Department groups.
- Performs the project leader and/or technical lead role for small to medium projects by assigning, directing and reviewing the work of team members.
- Works closely with chosen technology track vendors to understand the vendor application roadmap and potential impact on UNS business.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to the software life cycle process itself.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of program design methodologies and techniques.
- Evaluates and identifies new and emerging technologies for implementation.
- Recognized as a technology expert and serves as a resource for solving complex problems.
- Recognized as a functional expert that recommends solutions to evolving business processes.
- Acts as a thought leader to influence the delivery of software solutions across the organization.
- Works with IT leadership to define and create application technology roadmap.
- Works with technology vendors to incorporate enterprise requirements into vendor-supplied product roadmaps.
- Performs the project leader and/or technical lead role for medium to large projects by assigning, directing and reviewing the work of team members.
- May serve in a temporary Team Lead capacity when the Team Lead is absent.
- Performs software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification ofmetrics, and system risk analysis.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Level I: Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED. Minimum 2 years programming experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related disciplines. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent education and/or experience. Experience with products and functionality in chosen technology track. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated aptitude for programming skills.