Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) -Triage
at Tri-City Cardiology
Tri-City Cardiology is widely known for its progressive and innovative approach to heart and vascular services. Our board certified cardiology physicians are experienced and skilled in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of coronary artery disease, heart valve abnormalities, heart arrhythmias, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol peripheral artery disease and stroke.
Do you pride yourself in putting patient care first? Are you looking for a full time position where you can utilize your cardiac knowledge along with your critical thinking skills on a daily basis?
This at-will position contributes to the company mission by assisting providers with patient care in a medical office setting by managing triage calls, walk-in triage patients and leading emergency events. This position works collaboratively with site supervisors/managers, physician support staff members, ACLS staff members and providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all Triage incoming calls that contain clinical concerns that need to be addressed.
- Management of triage issues presented by TCC patients that present in the clinic.
- Assessment of clinical complaints by phone or in person.
- Critical thinking to determine plan of action according to the clinical assessment.
- Facilitate provider communication in an appropriate timeframe according to the level of clinical acuity.
- As an ACLS staff member it is expected to respond to, and act as a lead in all levels of emergencies in the office.
- Assist in supporting Heart Failure department with clinical questions and concerns that are in the scope of practice of an RN and according to the established guidelines.
- Assist supporting staff with clinical questions or concerns regarding patient care.
- Work closely with providers and other staff to ensure prompt patient care is given.
- Effectively communicate with the providers and others in the organization.
- Performs calls back to patients in a timely fashion per organizational guidelines.
- Educates patients on clinical issues within the scope of an RN.
- function autonomously and professionally as a representative of the providers and the organization.
- Make decisions on adjustment of medications doses and instructions without provider involvement as supported by the established guidelines.
- Provide education and plan of action to the patient without provider involvement as supported by the established guidelines.
- Manage all RN level issues and to utilize critical thinking with support of the guidelines for provider involvement.
- Direct the patient to the appropriate level of medical support needed based on the assessment. Level of medical support may include but not limited to; primary care provider, urgent care facility or emergency care facility.
- Review and report on critical lab results to the provider and/or patient.
- Assists in managing prescription or medication questions or concerns.
- Assist in managing new or existing prescriptions.
- Order lab work as ordered by the provider and according to the established guidelines.
- Educates patients on clinical treatment plans, procedures/testing and symptom management.
- Understands and is able to utilize phone system and ACD operating queue.
- Attends departmental and organizational meetings.
- Rotation of work sites as determined.
- Continues to further knowledge base through seminars, in-services, etc.
- Complies with clinical policies and guidelines established for the department and organization.
- Complies with all OSHA and HIPAA policies along with all policies established by TCC.
- Complies and appropriate utilization of established patient service skills. AIDET, managing up, complaint management, overall positive attitude and demeanor.
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional and in accordance with Tri-City’s Standards of Behavior.
- Rotation of worksites as determined.
Skill / Requirements
- RN or LPN Licensure.
- Current ACLS and BLS certification. Maintain BLS and ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of job related competencies on an annual basis.
- Successful completion of any other training as determined by TCC to be necessary for the position.
- Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
- Cardiac, patient education and triage experience preferred.
This position will require some travel between our clinic locations.