The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sports Counselor Volleyball
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Ability to teach beginners and intermediate learners in the area of the sport.
- Ability to speak and communicate before both small and large groups of people.
- Provide individual guidelines for development in the area of the sport.
- Ability to write class outlines.
- Create, teach, implement, and demonstrate planned practices and performances.
- Knowledge of safety precautions needed and ability to ensure compliance/adherence by all class members.
- Maintain a safe working environment; report all harmful problems with facilities to proper supervisors.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude with children, parents, customers, staff, and management.
Skill / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- One year of experience of coaching volleyball.
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people and project a friendly, customer service attitude.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aid certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of the climbing wall, gymnasium and athletic field programs.
- Have a Philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of the Center and The Salvation Army.
- Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling and education.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.