The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Services Coordinator
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Responsible to oversee fulfillment of the overall mission of The Salvation Army in the management of Social Services programs under Tucson Area Coordination
- Assist in developing Social Services program and find resources to expand upon programs
- Attend community agency meetings, TPCH (Tucson Planning Counsel for Homeless), ESSC, Medical Respite Task Force, Case Conferencing, Coordinated Entry, TPCH General Council Meeting, COS (Continuum of Care Services) representing The Salvation Army, report relevant information directly pertaining to our programs
- Prepare grant applications and proposals for existing contracts, and research newly available grants applicable to social services, inform Area Coordinator of same
- Provide case management services to individuals/families in compliance with program policies and procedures
- Assist with grant and contractual compliance, statistical reporting, including HMIS, board reporting when requested
- Supervise, train, Hospitality House case managers, providing leadership to include adherence to job descriptions, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Work with Hospitality House case managers staff to establish client best course of action, availability and eligibility for services, encouraging connection to other basic services and programs
- Work together with Hospitality House Program Manager, assuring case managers are providing effective, timely client services
- Partner with local Business/HR Manager to insure compliance with policy when hiring, changing or disciplining staff or proposing termination
- Ensure compliance with The Salvation Army National Social Service Standards.
- Working knowledge of the State of Arizona statues and codes that have an impact upon the development and operations of our services to poor and homeless families.
- Represent The Salvation Army when interfacing with social service agencies, commissions, committees, and other groups as necessary
- Act as liaison with outside agencies to disseminate information regarding the homeless and other services that are provided by The Salvation Army
- Submit program modifications (as defined by territorial program policy) to City and for formal approval.
- Work with Hospitality House Program Manager to assist with formal directives, essential operational policies and procedures manuals are in full compliance as required for Social Services and the Hospitality House accreditation, assuring effective service are practiced and maintained
- Ensures that the Social Services programs serves others without discrimination in keeping with The Salvation Army National Policy Statement on Non-Discrimination in Programs and Delivery of Services.
- Produce a written set of policies and procedures for emergencies in which staff are trained
- Ensure program staff solicits feedback on its services and service delivery from program participants on a regular basis
- Assist with coordination the operations of seasonal events and programs, such as ChildSpree, , Community Holiday Dinners, Toy Distribution and Registration
- Attend and assist with coordination and participation in annual Veterans Stand Down, Hopefest, Homeless Connect
Skill / Requirements
- Degree in Social Work or related field
- Minimum of two years experience in an administration social service program serving the poor and homeless and/or similar education and experience
- Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available to work weekends/holidays as related to special social service events
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, and The Salvation Army Social Service software
- Positive team building and excellent interpersonal skills required
- Able to support the goals, vision and mission of The Salvation Army
- Able to pass a background check and obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid Arizona Drivers License and good driving record
Benefit Comments: The Salvation Army offers a comprehensive benefit package including paid Medical, Dental, EAP, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement, Short and Long Term Disability, holiday, vacation, sick pay and much more!
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Thank you for your interest in working for The Salvation Army. Applications and resumes will be reviewed upon receipt, and forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration.