The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Christmas Coordinator
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Support the mission of The Salvation Army by treating every donor, contact, and colleague with respect and dignity, and without discrimination of any kind.
- Provide support and assistance in the seasonal effort by providing oversight and supervision in the following areas:
- Both Thanksgiving and Christmas community meals; volunteers, staging and public relations
- Volunteers: Responsible for the recruitment, assignment and development of volunteers and the oversight of assigned seasonal programs of The Salvation Army Prescott location including: creating and maintaining a volunteer database (volunteers include bell ringers, angel tree , & distribution); responsible for the supervision of general volunteers, scheduling seasonal volunteer hours as requested Supervisor for specific seasonal programs or events; sends thank you notes and performs other follow-up with volunteers, ensures volunteers have a positive experience while giving their time so that when considering where to share their resources The Salvation Army is considered.
- Christmas Angel: Responsible for all aspects of the Christmas Angel program
- Adopt A Family: Assist in all aspects of the program
- Transportation as needed for programs and in other areas during the season
- Seasonal preparation and staging of the Christmas Angel Trees, distribution, and seasonal community meals, etc.
- Seasonal cleanup and inventory
- Create a follow up plan to execute for all season contacts: volunteers, families of programs, holiday participants ( attendees at the Thanksgiving & Christmas meals) to promote inclusion and bridging to the Corps
- Create a volunteer appreciation event following the season to be held in January.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with all Protect The Mission requirements and standards.
- All other duties as assigned by the Corps Officers as they relate to the position of Christmas Coordinator
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with volunteers, recruiting and/or project management or other relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel. Able to effectively use mail merge as well as create general correspondence and able to learn and adapt easily to other computer software programs
- Must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Possess a valid Arizona Driver License and able to satisfactorily complete the Fleet Safety programs
- Able to pass to required background checks
- Must support the mission of The Salvation Army
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, & occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.