The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Media Specialist
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Design, layout and printing of all in-house publications as requested by all Divisional Headquarters Department heads.
- Design and produce all in-house multimedia clips as requested by Divisional Headquarters Department heads.
- Any other publication/multimedia duties as assigned.
- Operate, manage, maintain and organize all AV equipment.
- Assist with multi-media presentations for events in the SW Division.
- Train and maintain volunteers to manage Divisional events.
- Be available to participate as assigned in special projects (i.e., music camp)
- Be an active team member in the Program Department and contribute to planning and implementation of programs throughout the Division.
- Act as Divisional videographer.
- Seasonal duties as necessary.
Skill / Requirements
This position requires an ability to work with multiple departments and under minimum supervision:
- A broad knowledge and experience with The Salvation Army or another Christian Church with similar doctrines, beliefs, and practices is required.
- AA technology/graphic arts degree preferred.
- Be pursuing or hold (at least) basic certification in the area of graphic design, video editing and live audio mixing.
- Strong command of verbal and written English, Spanish would be an advantage.
- Strong background with one of the operating system, Windows XP (MAC would be an advantage).
- Ability to work with other IT, graphic, multimedia, and web specialists when necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively with officers, staff, employees on all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure, giving attention to detail.
- Efficiency required with the ability to multi-task
- Experienced in the following applications:
- Video editing
- Desktop publishing (Creative Cloud Suite)
- Audio mixing
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 85 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.