The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Greet customers, helping them with questions and finding items
- Operate cash register accurately
- Sort, tag and hang donated goods
- Sort donated items and distribute them to appropriate area of warehouse
- Price donated items, researching on the computer for pricing if needed
- Clean donated items
- Stock donated items
- Greet and assist customers dropping off donations, keeping the donation lot clean and free of debris
- Test, clean and price electronic items and place in appropriate area for sale
- Keep store clean, neat and organized as to prevent hazards or injury
- Assist with scheduling of donation pick-ups and customer questions
- Must be able to operate a baler
- Help customers carry out items to vehicle if assistance is needed
- Supervise/Train volunteers
- Count in/out cash register and help prepare bank deposits
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor as they relate to the position of Production Assistant
Skill / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to meet quotas set by supervisor
- Experience in retail merchandising cash register operations preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.