The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of 1865 Coffee House Ministry
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Supervise and manage coffee house staff and volunteers
- Create an inventory system to manage Coffee House inventory
- Fill in as Barista as needed
- Order supplies to insure the Coffee House is fully stocked
- Responsible for training new Baristas
- Responsible for creating schedules for coffee house staff
- Act as hiring manager for 1865 Coffee
- Order/purchase supplies to insure the Coffee House is fully stocked
- Prepare daily income reports
- Responsible for banking needs of Coffee Shop (deposits, inventory, etc.)
- Oversee/host 1865 Coffee events
- Responsible to open and close Coffee House including locking and securing the building
- Plan and organize college outreach measures including, but not limited to:
- Social Media
- Oversee Corps programs as directed by supervisor
- Assist in the organization of seasonal volunteers
- Insure that the Coffee House remains clean and in compliance with The Salvation Army standards, including but not limited to mopping floors, wiping down tables, and general cleaning of the facility
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Manager of 1865 Coffee House Ministry
Skill / Requirements
- Knowledge of The Salvation Army programs and doctrine.
- Must have management experience, previous experience as a Barista preferred
- Knowledge of the Bible and willing to lead studies and ministry opportunities.
- Food Handler’s Certificate not required, but highly recommended
- Computer literate and tech savvy
- Ability to work independently and be flexible and imaginative.
- Be able to receive direction from supervisor, both verbal and written.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Be able to work with people from diverse background.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.