The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Fitness Instructor 2
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Instruct Group Fitness Classes.
- Ensure effective preparation for each class, including class format, music and equipment.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting high demands of Fitness department.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Provide orientation to new members.
- Assist members during Group Fitness Classes with proper use of equipment, proper form and safety guidelines.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
Skill / Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess and maintain current certificates for the specific class format hired to teach in a specific discipline such as Les Mills, Pilates, Yoga, or Aqua Zumba.
- Must have at least 1 years’ prior experience teaching Group Fitness Classes.
- Experience leading various groups of people with different fitness abilities.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate efficiently; bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clientele and staff.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.