The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- Current group exercise instructor certification such as AFAA, ACE, NETA or other NCCA accredited group exercise certification is required.
- One or more years’ experience in a public exercise facility.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, nutrition, and health.
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people in an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling and education.
Skill / Requirements
- Create safe and appropriate exercise classes for members and guests.
- Ensure proper exercise mode, duration, frequency, intensity, and progression is established for every class with suitable variety incorporated.
- Monitor clients during exercise session to ensure safety.
- Ensure safe and proper usage of all exercise equipment.
- Return all exercise equipment to their proper storage spaces and racks.
- Demonstrate proper exercise technique with appropriately mirrored movements.
- Refer any questions, concerns, or complaints by clients to the Sports and Fitness Coordinator.
- Monitor Group Exercise/Fitness/Gym areas for any safety problems and promptly report any problems/concerns to the Sports and Fitness Coordinator or other designated supervisor.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.