The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Serve as a positive role model for the youth of our community.
- Ensure guest safety: immediately rectify and/or report to the supervisor any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Maintain progressive knowledge of programs and facilities.
- Enforce all rules that pertain to the facility on a consistent and fair basis.
- Ability to work with volunteers on a professional level.
- Be responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness in the areas you worked and complete assigned closing and downtime tasks.
- Report any noticed facility irregularities to Management for completion of work order.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility by cleaning equipment and training areas, vacuuming and sweeping.
- Insure that safe use of the facility by enforcement of facility regulations and insuring that authorized patrons use the facility.
- Report all equipment and fitness area problems to the Fitness Coordinator.
Skill / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old with a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Ability and confidence to assist in teaching a variety of activities.
- Possess customer services skills to include complaint resolution, practices, and procedures.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/AED/First Aid certification within 60 days of hire.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, capable of meeting the demands of the gymnasium and athletic field programs.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate and coordinate efforts with Kroc Center personnel, community leads, community organizations and the general public.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.