The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service. Create a positive experience for patrons through professional and courteous behavior.
- Practice vigilant supervision at all times of the event, rental or party.
- Review all paperwork for event, rental or party information and be sure it is understood prior to each event hosted.
- Responsible for maintaining the orderliness and cleanliness of the assigned venue. This may include set up, breakdown and cleaning of equipment and activities in coordination with facility maintenance staff.
- Maintain facility on schedule by ensuring that events and activities begin and end on time.
- Generate legible and accurate accident, incident and event reports as required and forward reports to the supervisor.
- Comply with Salvation Army Protecting the Mission guidelines.
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships with clients, co-workers and managers. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as: resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, visitors and clients; respect of others property and person; and professional and appropriate communication to and about clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ensure guest safety: immediately rectify and/or report to the supervisor any potentially unsafe conditions.
- Assist and direct guests within the facility to avoid crowded conditions and maximize service efficiency.
- Be knowledgeable of the mission and programs at the Kroc Center and able to communicate that information with clients of the Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
Birthday Party Specific:
- Ensure all parties are set up and ready prior to guest arrival; check-in party guests at the Welcome Desk; set the tone of a party by providing a high level of energy and fun.
- Assist with the serving of food and beverages to guests for birthday parties.
- Supervise flow of party rooms.
- Once guests have left the room, thoroughly clean and reset the room in preparation for the next party.
- Remain visible and available to the needs of guests.
- Inventory party room supplies; prepare items as required, signage, and decorations.
Skill / Requirements
- Strong desire and ability to work with parents and youth.
- Customer service experience preferred. Possess great guest relations’ skills.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude and approach to problem solving and able to work in changing environments.
- Must have the ability to maintain a non-judgmental attitude in working with customers, clients, members and staff.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision. Decision making aptitude and ability to adhere to and enforce The Salvation Army policy desired.
- Flexibility in work schedule with ability to work weekends and holidays including on-call.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate and coordinate efforts with Kroc Center personnel, community leaders, community organizations and the public in relation to the event assigned.
- Thrive in a team oriented environment and be a team player.
- Complete all Protecting the Mission training.
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.