The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corps Program Assistant
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Assist the Corps Officers as needed with Corps Ministries and Programs including, but not limited to Sunday School classes, Sunday Morning Worship services, Jr Church, Bible Studies, camps, Young Adults Ministries, and Youth Ministries
- Assist with S.A.Y. Active Kids Club in making meals, co-planning class times, and co-planning events and activities
- Assist the Corps Officer(s) with Christmas programs, Angel Tree, and Kettles
- Use Corps vehicles as needed to provide required transportation
- Be able to prepare and cook meals and snacks for Corps events
- Maintain an active visitation schedule of Corps families and provide monthly reports to Admin Assistant
- Assist Corps Officer(s) in Corps related activities such as, but not limited to, VBS, camps, Stats, Kettles, and other Corps programs
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Corps Program Assistant
Skill / Requirements
- Two years’ experience working with children in a Corps or church setting and/or have a 2-year college degree in Youth Ministries or Christian Education
- Must be a Christian with a strong personal commitment to Christ and be a person of high integrity, professed Christian beliefs and lifestyle.
- Must be able to comfortably discuss Christianity with both children and adults
- Experience with The Salvation Army programs preferred along with a working knowledge of The Salvation Army policies and procedures
- Must be 21 or older and must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be able to meet all requirements to drive a Salvation Army vehicle
- Must be capable of working under minimal supervision in the performance of duties such as managing staff and volunteers including scheduling of their work hours
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office to include typing letters, emails, and other communications as needed
- Capable of operating office equipment to include FAX machines, copiers, printers, laminating machines, etc.
- Be well organized and able to maintain files and materials
- Exhibit a sincere concern for individuals of all ages to be nurtured and guided in The Salvation Army oriented Christian standards and lifestyle
- Possess a demonstrated ability to relate to and work with young people from diverse backgrounds as well as the ability to communicate effectively with parents, volunteers, staff and other professionals such as school Principals, teachers, etc.
- Must receive certification for The Salvation Army Protect the Mission (PTM) and Child Safety policies as well as ensuring compliance in all programs and facilities
- Must be able to pass a background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.