The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Pay: from $11.50/hour
Job Status: Part Time
- Planning menus offering healthy and balanced meals to clients and efficiently utilize donated food.
- Responsible for the preparation of assigned meals and serving food at assigned meal times
- Preparation of meals for church programs and special events ensuring the food is of good quality and is presented well.
- Maintain inventory of grocery and kitchen supplies, providing supervisor with a list of needed items on a weekly basis.
- Schedule to maximize the use of volunteers in the pantry, kitchen and dining room.
- Track and report all statistics for volunteers, meals served, donations received, and other areas as requested.
- Responsible for reporting all accidents or property damage.
- Keep work area neat and clean to prevent fire and/or injury
- Keep refrigerators and freezers cleaned and organized, rotating food & using donated items as much as possible.
- Pick up donations from local stores and restaurants as needed.
- Wash, dry and fold towels used by clients daily and other items as needed.
- Ensure that the kitchen and dining areas are cleaned immediately after meals and throughout the day.
- Work with the health department inspection team to insure the highest standards are met so that the kitchen can continue operating.
- Adhere to health codes and Salvation Army standards.
- Comply with Salvation Army policies and procedures.
Skill / Requirements
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum one year commercial cooking experience
- Must have valid AZ driver’s license and able to complete Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program
- Must have valid food handlers certificate and be able to obtain a Yavapai County Health Dept Kitchen Manager’s certificate within 90 days of hire.
- Must have recent TB testing with negative results
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to supervise and work with volunteers.
- Computer literate in MS Office products
- Ability to work with a diverse population with tact and diplomacy