The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Interviews clients by phone and in person to determine eligibility for the Phoenix Family Services Emergency Assistance program
- Submit guarantees to various utility companies
- Work with landlords to collect and process information for the purpose of rental assistance in an accurate and timely manner
- Interviews clients to determine their needs and refer them to the appropriate community agencies and services
- Acts as a liaison between clients, organizations and utility agencies
- Complete a variety of paperwork accurately and is a timely manner
- Ability to work within a budget for grant purposes
- Creates and updates manual or computer database client files while maintaining records required for follow up
- Keeps current files of social services available to area residents
Skill / Requirements
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Computer literate MS Office Products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General working knowledge of Social Services
- Good organizational skills
- Must pass a background check and able to have a fingerprint clearance card
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate a telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.