The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Thrift Store Manager
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Assist the ODTSM (Operations Director/Thrift Store Manager) in the management, operation, and maintenance of Thrift Store, warehouse, and boutique
- Under the direction of the ODTSM, see that store and warehouse are staffed to ensure quality operation within budget limitations
- Responsible for keeping the ODTSM and Corps Officer current on all aspects of the stores and warehouse operations
- Responsible for ensuring that a spirit of teamwork exists between all employees having an open mind.
- Under the direction of and/or in coordination with the ODTSM & Corps Officer;
- As the Assistant Manager, you will be the appropriate contact for issues that arise during your shift.
- Develop staffing schedules and make needed adjustments.
- Submit time cards on a weekly basis.
- Ensure timely submission of daily sales reports. Submit all reports to the Corps Officer, Bookkeeper and ODTSM.
- Assist with preparing the performance evaluations of all personnel under your supervision.
- Responsible to communicate all personnel matters to the ODTSM and Corps Officer immediately if ODTSM is unavailable.
- Responsible to ensure that all accidents and/or property damage are reported to the ODTSM and Corps Officer immediately.
- Responsible for regular inspection of store and warehouse areas, including cash register check and reconciling of
- cash on hand.
- Submit report of inspections to the ODTSM and/or Corps Officer.
- Communicate in a timely manner including email correspondence; responding, reporting any concerns and suggestions.
- Other duties as assigned by the Corps Officer or ODTSM as they relate to the position of Assistant Manager.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- AA Degree preferred
- Must have acumen, teach-ability, self-initiative, excellent organizational skills, and good people skills
- Previous experience in retail sales and merchandising
- Previous experience in the supervision, training, scheduling, and management of employees
- Ability to understand and operate cash register
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a valid AZ Driver’s License with clean MVR
- Must have satisfactorily completed The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety Program
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.