The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Arts and Education Attendant
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Carry out position specific responsibilities for programs in the following areas, library, game room, education rooms, computer lab, child watch, rock wall, events and day camp
- Assist other Kroc staff in working to carry out successful programs and events.
- Complete program and event setups for AEY programs and events.
- Verifying membership status through the CCMS system.
- Adhere to dress code at all times. May be required to wear activity appropriate attire (e.g. swimwear)
- Provide information and answer questions about available programs.
- Enforce and follow all rules that pertain to the facility on a constant basis.
- Demonstrate integrity, enthusiasm and sound moral judgment.
- Ability to work with volunteers on a professional level.
- Ability to assist in any emergencies or accidents.
- Handle disputes with participants and students in a professional manner.
- Maintain a safe working environment; report all harmful problems with facilities to the proper supervisor.
- Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center.
- Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
Skill / Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old with a valid commercial driver’s license or obtain within 30 days.
- Must demonstrate the ability to teach a variety of activities involving education.
- Must thrive in team environment and be a team player.
- Computer knowledge helpful but, not necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aid certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as The Salvation Army.
- Complete all Protecting the Mission requirements and other trainings as needed.
- Have a philosophy of education and child development, which is consistent with that of the Kroc Center and The Salvation Army.
- Have the ability to work with children, parents, and staff in a capacity of leadership, counseling and education including but not limited to:
- Ability to relate joyfully and sensitively to children of all ages.
- Sensitivity to children’s individual needs.
- Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistently.
- Ability to handle security and crisis situations, calmly.
- Ability to seek supervision and use it consistently.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.