The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
After School Program Assistant
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Assist the After School Director to deliver a quality learning experience
- Provide after school tutoring during program hours each school day
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for students
- Build relationships with students so as to be a positive role model
- The individual must show respect for other employees, associates, clients, and the goals and objectives of The Salvation Army
- Must be able to work under pressure while being a team player
- Must be dependable and able to work with youth, children, and adults
- Assist with Summer Day Camp
- Assist with driving to Camp Ponderosa if needed
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma or GED with two years related work experience and/or one year supervisory experience. Combination of training and experience will be considered. College education a plus.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have valid Arizona Driver’s license with clean MVR
- Ability to speak and write efficiently with professional level skill is required (Bi-lingual a plus)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Respect and concern for cultural diversity of families and individuals served
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of a Background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.