The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Picking up and sorting mail including managing all local direct mail responsibilities
- Assist with managing and maintaining the Service Center office, working with Service Center members and the general public, answering phones, completing reports, maintaining files, etc.
- Accept and sign for deliveries
- Manage incoming calls and direct as necessary
- Compose and type any necessary correspondence, emails, or program support materials on behalf of the Service Center Coordinator
- Keep signage around the facility up to date with program information and hours of operation
- Coordinate supply needs
- Contact vendors to arrange for service calls
- Keep up to date files on any service calls
- Manage Service Center calendar for programs, staff vacations, etc.
- Manage paperwork and communication with outside groups and process other potential use request
- Attend, compose, and distribute minutes for staff, Service Center, Advisory board, and any other administrative meetings per approval of Service Center Coordinator
- Assist with Advisory Board preparation, meeting materials, notifications, RSVP’s, and physical set up of meetings
- Assist with recruiting, processing, and managing of volunteers
- Be present to assist Service Center Coordinator with the coordination of community events
- Assist programs with gathering supplies, decorations, and other materials in support of programs
- Receive monetary and Gifts in Kind donations, issue receipts, and file appropriately
- Assist with deposits
Social Services Aide
- Handling all social service calls
- Making sure the food room, basement, waiting room, and office are clean and inviting
- Casework for SHARE, warm spirits, utility, furniture, clothing, baby items, rent, transportation, and all other vouchers
- Properly record and file all casework documentation in the most appropriate form: hard copy and computer record
- Prepare and submit all required reports and statistics: divisional headquarters and grants
- Work with Service Center Coordinator to identify and apply for grants
- Make sure files are up to date and organized
- Coordinate Holiday efforts: Back to School, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
- Coordinate food drives to stock food room for seasonal and day to day use
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required, BA degree or equivalent preferred
- Previous secretarial or social service experienced required
- Ability to prioritize work, multi task, work well under pressure, and be a self-starter
- Valid AZ Driver License and clear MVD record
- Experience with computer programs/software
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.