The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
This position is responsible for the financial functions, human resources, payroll and office assistance at The Salvation Army Prescott Corps. This person will provide managerial support and input as needed.
- Provide administrative support as needed to the Corps Officer and Operations Director/Thrift Store Manager.
- Provide back-up phone and office welcoming support for the receptionist.
- Ensure that volunteer receptionists are recruited, trained and managed.
- Maintain completed volunteer files and act as a clearinghouse for volunteer information, ensuring that the most current, correct information is being followed and passed to potential volunteers
- Ensure that Church, Advisory Board, employee and other directories/rosters are created and maintained as needed.
- Prepare letters, other business correspondence, and reports as requested.
- Maintain a master calendar, both paper and electronic, of employees and officer’s availability.
- Make post office runs to drop off/pick up mail.
- Maintain key box and record of all keys distributed to staff.
- Assist with seasonal data entry activities and operations.
- Assist, as needed, with input of bell ringer applications, orientation, daily payroll and income input, reports and reporting and any other aspects of the kettle program. Be part of the kettle counting team as needed.
- Maintain confidential files and records.
- Ensure that Fellowship Hall is set up for various meetings and reset the Hall as needed.
- Ensure that the Copy Room is kept stocked, organized and cleaned.
- Attend Advisory Board, staff and Advisory Board Committee meetings and prepare minutes for them, as requested.
- Support special events such as camp, kettles, golf tournament, annual dinner and any others as needed
- Submit appropriate paperwork to CFC as requested.
- Prepare and submit stats to Divisional Headquarters monthly.
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Administrative Assistant.
- Process payroll for submittal to Divisional Headquarters after reviewing time cards.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained for all employees, including but not limited to new hires, annual reviews, salary/status change, vacation, sick time, leaves of absence and termination.
- Process employee vacation and leave slips requests.
- Work closely with Divisional Headquarters to ensure timely processing of personnel documentation for approval.
- Work closely with Divisional Headquarters to ensure appropriate administration of benefit programs including medical, dental and vision plans.
- Work closely with Divisional Headquarters to ensure compliance with all Salvation Army payroll procedures and Wage and Hour laws and regulations, process and distribute payroll.
- Maintain a schedule for evaluations of all employees and notify supervisors when employee evaluation dates are approaching.
- Assist supervisors with the development of job descriptions, as requested.
- Prepare recruitment announcements, internal and external job postings.
- Ensure that appropriate orientation is conducted for new employees.
- Maintain information, produce and distribute reports as required, including but not limited to the Protecting the Mission program, financial audits, Workers Compensation, employee safety, wage garnishments, OSHA and other federal/state requirements.
- Coordinate employee and volunteer driving tests and maintain appropriate records.
- Ensure the Prescott Corps follows Protect the Mission training and coordinate necessary training.
- Work with community service agencies to place workers.
- Other duties as requested that are related to Human Resources/Payroll.
- Responsible for the Corps petty cash fund.
- Count money and properly record income with designated personnel as per policy.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Input invoices into the AP Workflow system after approval
- Add items into the CARE system as needed and/or directed.
- Ensure implementation of Salvation Army policies and procedures relating to financial matters and contracts.
- Assist with audits.
- Prepare financial reports for Advisory Board meetings and as requested.
- Inputting weekly stewardship records and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports as necessary.
- Other duties as requested that are related to Finance.
Skill / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- BA Degree preferred.
- Ability to work with a variety of people with minimal supervision, including staff, volunteers, donors and the public.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience processing payroll, maintaining HR policies, procedures and files and accounts payable preferred.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.