The MENTOR Network
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Coordinator Behavioral Health
at The MENTOR Network
Job Program Services Coordination/Case ManagementPrimary Location United States-AZ-AZPhoenix
Arizona MENTOR is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide assistance to SMI consumers in a community-based setting in the Phoenix area
Program Coordinators facilitate the implementation of Individual Service Plans (ISP) and participate in a range of administrative duties including staff hiring, training, scheduling and oversight.
In addition, Program Coordinators provide support to individuals receiving services, including: assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning; medication administration; and personal care. Program Coordinators also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities.
The Program Coordinator position is a first line supervisory position and is responsible for assisting, supporting and teaching the skills necessary to enable the clients to achieve the activities of daily living in a 24 hour residential setting. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for assuring that each living environment is staffed, clean, and well kept and assuring direct care staff is performing their job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
As a MENTOR employee the Program Coordinator will present a professional image to both internal and external customers. Communications, whether verbal or written, shall be conducted in a way that represents the high level of professionalism that is expected of all MENTOR employees and companies throughout the United States.
1. High School diploma or GED (Must be at least 21 years old)
2. Combination of post-secondary education in a field related to behavioral health and full time behavioral health work experience totaling at least two years, or four years full time behavioral health work experience.OR
3. A master’s or bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health. May also substitute a master’s or bachelors degree in a field not related to behavioral health plus one year full time behavioral health experience or an associate’s degree in a field not related to behavioral health and two years full time behavioral health work experience.
4. At least three years experience supervising staff providing direct services in a service-oriented environment.
Arizona MENTOR offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
We also support the non-traditional benefits of:
- One of the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunities for advancement
- Personalized training department dedicated to improving skills and knowledge.
- Network Perks: Discounts at many merchants just for being a MENTOR employee
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support our individuals with disabilities, from people with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities to those with brain injury. As a Program Coordinator with Arizona MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
Program Coordinators are a critical link to the community for those we serve, as well as serving as a bridge between our direct care and clinical staff to ensure the seamless delivery of services to the individuals we support.
For Arizona MENTOR and The MENTOR Network the Program Coordinator is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Program Coordinator role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization. We in fact have many success stories from people at all levels that have followed the Program Coordinator path.