The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Services Worker
at The Legacy Rehab and Care Center
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced Environmental Services Worker to help us keep our healthcare facility clean and safe for our residents. In this role, you perform cleaning tasks on a predetermined schedule. These tasks include sanitizing door handles and common surfaces, emptying trash bins, and changing bed linens.
You will be responsible for sweeping outside areas, mopping floors, sanitizing counters and other surfaces, gathering and washing soiled linens, cleaning resident room and bathrooms, and emptying trash bins. When necessary, you will clean up spills and restock and prepare rooms after patients are discharged. You will also be required to maintain and store cleaning equipment properly. An understanding of quality customer service is important. Working in our facility requires compassion and strong teamwork skills are a must. We offer unique benefits as well as traditional benefits, a fun and collaborative working environment that is focused on resident care.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Sweep and clear outside areas, especially entryways
· Sweep and mop floors
· Wipe down and sanitize countertops, desks, and other surfaces
· Gather and wash soiled linens, including cubicle curtains
· Clean bathrooms and resident rooms to ensure rooms are sanitary and infection-free
· Clean up human waste and other bodily fluids as required while following proper infection control and sanitation procedures
· Empty trash containers
· Restock linens and other supplies
· Maintain and store cleaning equipment
Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred
· 6 months of professional cleaning experience preferred
· Obtain and maintain CPR certification
· Ability to obtain and maintain DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
· Experience in environmental services, preferably a healthcare facility
· Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to twist, bend and kneel through shift; able to pick up debris from the floor
· Must be able to work with chemicals, infectious waste, diseases and communicable diseases.
· Regularly required to talk, hear and read.
· Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds
· Friendly polite and courteous demeanor
· Able to take directions
· Excellent communication skills
· Work and cooperate as part of a team