The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: CENTRAL ARIZONA CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: 13.50
Compensation Bonus (if applicable): 0.00
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides clerical support related to maintaining accurate records for the facility. Due to the sensitivity of this position, the incumbent needs to exercise discretion and confidentiality related to the work performed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs data entry and maintenance of computer files.
- Collects and reviews all pertinent documents associated with the legal transfer of individuals.
- Maintains the records for each new individual that arrives at the facility. Updates files as required.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to the facility detainee file system, as well as other reports as required.
- Audits the detainee file pursuant to facility policy.
- Prepares detainee files for the release of detainees.
- Assists in the detainee release process as required.
- Assists in maintaining facility security, especially in area of responsibility, and promptly reports any violations or security hazards to appropriate supervisory staff.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, and specific facility regulations including posted special orders and instructions. Maintains strict control of all equipment and supplies used in performance of duty especially those items that could be used for illicit purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to understand and execute moderately complex oral and written instructions; make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems, and maintain offender and other unit records relative to daily operations.
- Ability to professionally interact with others
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.