Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Account Representative
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Billing & Reimbursements
- Billing & Collections
- Weekly Hours
Terros Health, Inc. is a four decade old, fully integrated community healthcare provider: With over 30 clinics throughout the Phoenix metro area, including Tucson, Flagstaff and Prescott Arizona. We have an exciting and immediate need for an experienced Patient Account Representative. As one of the state’s leading, healthcare providers: Terros Health offers great work-life-balance, and continued career progression. Each new hire is eligible to participate in our best-in-class employee benefit plan the 1st of the month following their date of hire.
- Medical insurance: PPO Health Reimbursement, HDHP Health Savings Account, and a traditional PPO
- Vision insurance
- Dental and Orthodontics insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid Life insurance
- 401K with company matching (Company matching after 6 months of employment)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Consultation and Referrals
- Family & Caregiving Resources and Referrals
- Legal Consultations
- Paid Holidays
- Generous paid time off/Vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Tuition discounts through our strategic partnership
- Employee discounts on car rental through Enterprise Rental Car
If you've been in search of a growing organization with a forward thinking, and caring culture: Terros Health may be the company you’ve been looking for.
Employees in this highly customer service-oriented position will answer questions the patient has regarding their bill or insurance, as well as gather information and problem solve to achieve account resolution. The purpose of this position is to successfully handle patient accounts through payment application, payment reconciliation, collection of monies owed and past receivables, establishing payment plans, ensuring accuracy of patient statements, working of credit balances/refunds, the handling of mail returns/skip trace, recommending accounts for bad debt write off and reporting of work in progress.
- Provides excellent customer service in alignment with our “Language of Caring” expectations by promptly answering patient inquiries, going above and beyond with follow through actions and always maintaining a positive demeanor while interacting with customers, both internal and external.
- Assists patients and family members with billing and account questions including following up with insurance companies and internal departments as needed.
- Works to resolve complaints at first contact wherever possible. Ensures all encounters are handled in a courteous, professional and confidential manner.
- Proactively works outstanding patient balances by contacting patients to arrange payment on outstanding accounts.
- Ensures patient balances are resolved in a timely manner.
- Submits patient statements accurately and timely (within 24 hours of statement creation date)
- Completes soft patient collections by phone, mail or patient preferred method of communication
- Maintain appropriate documentat6ion and notes on all collection and patient communication activity in the Enterprise Practice Management System.
- Process adjustments and/or write offs when appropriate and in accordance with Terros Health policy.
- Monitors, processes and completes follow-up on credit balances. When necessary submits refund requests to management with supporting documentation.
- Contribute ideas for process improvement and special projects as assigned.
- Supports Eligibility and Enrollment Specialists with financial account related counseling questions.
- High School Diploma required, prefer an Associate Degree in administration or equivalent experience in billing, finance or business administration and at least 2yrs patient collections experience.
- Ability to analyze patient accounts and determine status and required actions.
- Experience in specific area of work applied for such as healthcare services, customer service and medical records.
- Worked in a production-based environment before and is a custom to being held to a high standard of productivity
- Above average skills in Excel and Word. Ability to creates and use Pivot Tables and V-Lookup Functions.
- Functional knowledge of CMS/HRSA/AHCCCS guidelines
- Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.