Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner Student - Clinical Rotations - Primary Care or Psychiatry/Mental Health - Phoenix, AZ
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting learning opportunity at Terros Health. The ideal individual will have a passion for community health, mission driven, and be patient-centered.
Terros Health is a fully integrated healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in a learning opportunity with one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply!
Terros Health has a highly sought after student program in the Phoenix metropolitan area. While we strive to place as many students as we can, it is not possible for us to assist every applicant with a preceptor at a Terros Health facility. Below is the current number of NP/PA student openings within the organization. Please apply to the posting online and complete an application with your updated CV.
CURRENT NP/PA STUDENT OPENINGS (PC and PMHNP)
Summer/Fall 2018: Primary Care: 0 openings available
Summer/Fall 2018: PMHNP: 0 openings available
Spring 2019: Primary Care: 0 openings available
Spring 2019: PMHNP: 0 openings available
Summer 2019: Primary Care: 0 Openings available
Fall 2019: Primary Care: 3 openings available
Summer/ Fall 2019: PMHNP: 2-3 openings available
- Under the supervision of a qualified Terros Health professional; the student-intern will perform tasks related to their specific area of study and the Intern learning Contract.
- In a highly professional healthcare setting provided by Terros Health; the student will be given an opportunity to apply, and continue to learn by practical application the principals, theory, and knowledge from their related course work.
- A student intern is expected to keep copious notes detailing the areas of practice and study reinforced in this learning opportunity. Including, but not limited to, the student will have the opportunity to learn and apply the following:
Nurse Practitioner Student will be assigned to a preceptor based on their specialty (Primary Care or Psychiatry).
Including, but not limited to, the student will have the opportunity to learn and apply the following:
- Provides health promotion and disease prevention services to health, acute and chronically ill clients
- Provide counseling to promote health, reduce risk factors, and prevention
- Analyze and interprets history, symptoms, physical findings and diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses
- Employs appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic interventions and regimens
- Formulates an action plan based on scientific rationale, evidence-based standards of care and practice guidelines
- Performs a comprehensive and/or problem focused physical exam
- Creates a climate of mutual trust and establishes partnerships with clients
- Assists clients to use community resources when needed
- Develops differential diagnostic assessments, assessments of capacity for consent to treatment, risk assessments, patient education, and progress towards treatment goals including medical, psychological, social, behavioral and developmental aspects of the member’s situation.
- Initiates contact with PCP, ED clinicians, and therapists according to established guidelines, to provide whole health integrated care.
- Accepted student will be familiar with and follow Terros Health policies and procedures.
For additional questions, please email Dawn Golden at Dawn.Golden@TerrosHealth.org.
- Applicants will possess the following attributes, compassion, and the desire to serve others.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a supervised field instruction class
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Completion of the pre-student/Intern/Practicum onboarding process as determined solely at the discretion of Terros Health, which may include a criminal background check, and a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 20 working days of assuming role.