Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Assistant (Integrated Care) - 27th Avenue Integrated Care- Phoenix, AZ - MA (27th Ave/Indian School) - Behavioral Health & Primary Care
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a Medical Assistant. You will need to be professional, friendly, a self-starter, organized, and compassionate.
Terros is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times and inspiring change for life, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
Seeking an experienced Medical Assistant for a full-time position in the west valley of Phoenix, AZ.
Seeking an experienced Medical Assistant with an interest or experience in Integrated Care to work in the west valley of Phoenix, AZ. (27th Ave/Indian School, etc.)
- Full-Time Employed: 40 hours/week
- Clinical and Administrative Tasks
- In-Office Assistance For Exams, Follow-Ups, Laboratory & Diagnostic Testing and Screening
- Front and Back Office Responsibilities
- Coordination with Pharmacies and Other Medical Providers
- Completes Prior Authorizations
- Competitive Compensation
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus (Additional Language Differential Pay Available)
- Full Benefits Package, including 401K
- Generous PTO/Sick Time (4+ weeks in year 1)
The Medical Assistant provides supportive services for the medical practitioners and primary care patients.
- Provides ongoing services as a medical assistant to patients in need of medical services for the purpose of establishing and reaching appropriate treatment goals.
- Prepares patients for examinations, takes medical histories, assists the physician during the examination, explains medical procedures to patients.
- Coordinates the appropriate client information with the behavioral health and other specialty care offices.
- Follows up on the pharmacy, clients, staff and all other parties phone calls and coordinates a response back based on the consult with the medical staff.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge, skill, and coordination of services for this position.
- Answers phones, schedules appointments, greets patients, and may create correspondence. May assume any, or all of the general clerical duties within the office.
- Follows up accordingly/promptly on clients requests via phone/letter at the direction of medical practioners. May coordinate with the involved parties on behalf of the client.
- Updates patient files, schedules medical tests, and arranges for hospital admissions.
- Follows up on missed medical appointments to appropriately re-engage the patients.
- Seeks appropriate clinical supervision to ensure the provision of effective supportive services.
- Establishes appropriate patient documentations, applications, forms that conform to agency guidelines, audit tools best professional practice, and State licensing regulations.
- Completes client documentations within the established guidelines including but not limited to completion of progress notes on the date of service; completes medical intake paperwork and submits on date of service.
If interested, please apply online or email your resume to Dawn.Golden@terros.org.
- Must have MA certificate and CPI certificate.
- EMR experience: NextGen preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism