Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Assistant - Medical Practice - McDowell Rd
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Customer Service
- Business Office
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a Front Office Assistant at our busy medical clinic at 49th St and McDowell in Phoenix, AZ.
Terros is a fully integrated healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
$ Bilingual language differential pay
As a Front Office Assistant at our busy, McDowell Rd. medical clinic the successful individual will be responsible for:
- Scheduling patient appointments for our Clinicians, Med Providers and Primary Care Physicians while delivering a high level of customer service, in person and over the phone
- Greet community members and patients upon arrival for their scheduled appointments with warmth and kindness
- Establish the payer/insurance eligibility for patients upon arrival and enter their information into the electronic medical record system
- Answer incoming phone calls and serve as a resource for information
- Check patients in and out before and after their appointments
- Perform patient intake interviews
- Function as a receptionist
- Typing and copying as assigned
- Process outgoing and incoming mail
- Assist with central filing system and master calendar
- Performs short term tasks and errands as assigned
- Records Management Information System data and provides required reports
- Maintains waiting lists as necessary
- The successful individual will have no less than 1 year of experience in a medical healthcare environment e.g. dental office, private practice, podiatry, urology, or behavioral health just to name a few.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Familiarity with health insurance eligibility and EMR
- Able to type 40-50wpm
- Two years of experience in office procedures
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships
- Proven track record of delivering a high level of customer service in a healthcare setting
- Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applicant must possess or be able to attain a State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card within (7) days of employment
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy.