Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Patient Access Services
at Terros Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Billing & Reimbursements
- Billing & Collections
- Weekly Hours
We are pleased to share an exciting opportunity at Terros Health for a Director of Patient Access Services. The successful individual will be highly organized, and strive for excellence in all areas of their job.
Terros is a fully integrated healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you are interested in working for one of the State's Leading Healthcare Organizations that promotes Integrity, Compassion, and Empowerment, we encourage you to apply! If you are energized by helping people during their most challenging times, this vital opportunity will be rewarding.
The Patient Access Services (PAS) department is committed to connecting our patients to the care they need to get well and stay well. The PAS works in collaboration with Terros Health’s front office and clinical teams to provide a seamless patient experience. The PAS strives to continuously elevate its level of service and reduce anxiety for patients and their families, by incorporating Language of Caring into its processes and procedures.
The Director of PAS oversees centralized scheduling and referral teams to support patient access initiatives and support patient growth and retention. Develops and implement strategies for patient service including technologies and appropriate patient protocols with key physician leaders. The Director of PAS will oversee the referral team to enhance patient access and network utilization to enhance population health initiatives. Works cross-functionally to identify and lead the resolution of patient access barriers. This position reports to the CFO.
- Interviews, selects and trains employees to ensure department objectives are met with low turnover and high retention rates.
- Manages staff performance through effective, regular and timely feedback, including regular one-on-one meetings and timely completion of performance reviews, and holding employees accountable for meeting deliverables and following Terros Health’s values and policies and procedures.
- Effectively handles employee complaints in a timely manner.
- Models behavior in alignment with Terros Health’s values that inspires change, demonstrates flexibility and engages employees.
- Effectively manages and plans department workflow and staffing to meet deliverables with quality outcomes even when the unexpected occurs.
- Oversees the Patient Access Services Department which includes answering of incoming calls, triaging calls, handling calls when patient is in crisis, and scheduling appointments.
- Ensures that systems are put in place, as well as on-going monitoring, to effectively match patients to the appropriate service/program/level of care.
- Manages incoming referral source contacts/engagement/identification.
- Performs and trains staff on initial assessments, pre-authorizations and on-going authorizations.
- Negotiate single case agreements within parameters set by CFO. Maintain single case agreement files/directory. Track agreements and determine when full contract should be pursued by Terros with the payer.
- Manages and reports on access to care compliance.
- Manages the CISCO call system.
- Performs patient outreach.
- Creates and maintains PAS performance dashboard.
- Builds relationships of trust and credibility
- Balances and prioritize PAS Goals
- Serves as the first point of contact for challenges with and resolutions of access to care at Terros Health.
- Shares best practices across service lines to efficiently recommend and influence change.
- Provides transparent communication to promote understanding of expectations and continuous improvement for the best patient experience.
- Promotes a shared commitment to excellence through acts of service, engagement, quality of work and team building.
- Identifies the customer, differentiating by values and needs, interacting efficiently and effectively, and customizing the experience.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Business or Health Sciences. Preferred: Master's degree in Business or Health Sciences.
- Candidate must have at least (10) years of experience providing leadership for Adult/Pediatric ambulatory patient access in a Call Center department.
- Candidate must have healthcare experience in a Fee for Service environment.
- Candidate must ensure customer focus, results oriented performance in alignment with the mission, values and promise of the organization.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite , specifically excel and CISCO call system.
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license, be 21 years of age with minimum 3 years driving experience, and meet requirements of Terros Health’s driving policy.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 20 working days of assuming role.
- Must pass a TB Test.