Sunquest Information Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Architect - Can be remote
at Sunquest Information Systems, Inc.
At Sunquest Information Systems Inc., we use industry knowledge and focus to develop solutions and services that meet the changing needs of our customers and the marketplace. We combine this vision with the dream to make our company a phenomenal place to work. From our smart casual dress policy to our flexible work schedules, Sunquest promotes a balance of life for all our employees. We place emphasis on training plans for new and current staff, encourage promotion from within, and promote work on special projects and involvement with multi-functional teams. These activities foster a culture of professional growth and development for our employees to achieve their professional goals and reach their full potential.
Provides architectural and 'big picture' oversight for all new development and product enhancements. Collaborates with Product Development and Product Strategy group to create software products containing required features and modifications. Provides technical advice to other departments within the company. Identifies and tracks emerging technology trends and advises on the applicability to Sunquest products and associated business impact. Makes contributions regarding system and software architecture, technical direction of product development, technical evaluation of external products, and the development and application of software engineering principles and processes that meet industry standards and applicable regulations.
- Evaluate and determine future architecture and design of current and new product lines.
- Implement new processes, procedures, technology and tools in order to increase developer productivity, product quality and performance.
- Aide project teams in design and design reviews to ensure the designs are robust and scalable.
- Evolve mitigation plans for technical debt risk items in projects
- Enhance current design standards to allow for a phased migration to newer technology.
- Establish code efficiency standards in order to ensure product performance.
- Work directly with the Product Development management to create future technology roadmaps.
- Leads product steering committees.
- Provide technology and architectural direction.
- Attend/Lead strategic planning meetings for all product lines.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced team members.
- Works with various programming and product groups within the company to ensure that required features and modifications are included in the appropriate releases to support cross-product features.
- Designs software modules that will work together to produce desired product. Ensures completed modules provide all functionality described by application experts and meet performance guidelines.
- Defines transition steps from the current to future application architecture including introduction of new features and interoperability with existing applications.
- Provides high-level analysis and design reviews to other members and groups within the department to avoid duplication of efforts in solving the same application problem within different products.
- Works with third party vendors to develop software and/or integrate their software into the company's products.
- Ensures that sound engineering processes and principles are in place and are practiced.
- Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company's products.
- May be required to participate in product development activities such as architecture, design, prototyping, implementation and review as appropriate.
- Proactively develops the means to reduce development costs and improve product performance, robustness and overall quality of product releases.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of software design and implementation.
- Strong analytical capabilities for identifying and resolving engineering tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in directing technical activities and documenting technical issues.
- Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, coach and develop staff.
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer science; advanced degree desirable.
- 15 years of experience in requirements analysis, design, implementation and testing of distributed, fault-tolerant systems with particular attention to security, scalability, high performance, and cost optimization.
- Minimum 7 years as a software product architect in the definition and implementation of software architectures within product development.
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership in working with cross-functional teams, product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience building proofs of concepts and prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of architectural designs and vision.
- Experience as Architectural lead, from conception to successful market presence, on large distributed systems with high performance demands, ideally for one or more of: enterprise management systems, SaaS, cloud-enabled application development, data management & analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net and Java technology stacks.
- Experience within a regulated industry.
Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer.
Sunquest’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Sunquest Information Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.