Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GET FIT INSTRUCTOR (Fitness Instructor) - SPLENDIDO
Do you enjoy working with older adults and helping them achieve fitness goals? Our Fitness team is instrumental in providing an environment of health and wellness for our Residents. The Fitness Instructor will lead classes, work one on one with Residents, provide education and inspiration for our Residents.
This opportunity is part time with a schedule of Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Purpose: Assists with implementing comprehensive wellness/fitness programming that creates ways to age well and enhances Senior Living’s ability to serve as a vital connection in creating extraordinary experiences and exciting possibilities for our residents. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Provide exercise program instruction and orientation
- Teach group exercise classes as needed. .
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and innovative wellness programs
- Conduct wellness and health related education programs for residents and staff.
- Develop exercise programs for Residents
- Conduct health history screening of Residents.
- Conduct senior fitness evaluations
- Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of fitness equipment.
- Track and report fitness evaluation results and data
- Communicate change in participant’s health status to Fitness Coordinator.
Actively market and promote fitness and wellness programs to residents in order to increase program enrollment
Minimum Education, Skills, Knowledge, Work Experience:
Required:; CPR certification; field experience in exercise testing and prescription for older adults; computer proficiency; effective communication and organizational skills. experience working with older adults; experience in wellness and health promotion programs, good written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred: ACSM Health Fitness Instructor or other comparable certification and/or degree in exercise physiology or related science field experience in exercise testing and prescription for older adults; Wellness programming and health education for older adults.
Splendido is a Life Plan Community for those age 55 and better. Thanks to our creative and dedicated staff, we offer residents new possibilities each day—along with resort amenities, numerous options for healthy lifestyles, and a breathtaking location in Oro Valley, Arizona. Splendido includes 246 Terrace and Villa Homes, as well as assisted living, memory care, long-term care, and rehab housing and services, along with multiple restaurants, a fitness center, art studio, a putting green, and more.
Splendido is located at 13500 Rancho Vistoso Boulevard in Oro Valley.
What We Offer:
Mather LifeWays offers a competitive benefits package* that goes above and beyond. Benefits-eligible employees can take advantage of:
- 401(k) program with strong employer match
- Generous paid-time off (PTO) program including vacation days, sick days, personal days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility
- Medical benefits with PPO options
- Optional dental DMO or PPO insurance
- Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
- Employee wellness programs, including free annual wellness screening
- Learning to Age Well Program – employees can be reimbursed up to $130 per year for completion of classes such as music lessons, yoga, or foreign language classes
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance - 100% coverage by Mather LifeWays
- 501(c)3 public student loan forgiveness program
- Employee meals (discounted)
*Benefits are subject to change without notice. Benefits details dependent on employment status.
Expectations of Mather LifeWays Employees:
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with residents, customers, and coworkers
- The ability to learn new tasks and information and apply to serving others
- A commitment to delivering on responsibilities
- Reliability, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
About Mather LifeWays:
Based in Evanston, Illinois, Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization founded in 1941. Dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well, we create programs, places, and residences for today’s young-at-heart older adults. These include senior living residences (The Mather, Mather Place, and Splendido); a variety of community-based initiatives; and Mather LifeWays Institute on Aging, a resource for research and information about aging, trends and innovations in aging services, and more.
Mather LifeWays values employees and is serious about supporting their health and professional development. We’ve been named one of “Chicago’s Top Workplaces” by the Chicago Tribune for four years in a row, and have been recognized as Illinois’ Healthiest Midsize Employer.
Mather LifeWays is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, then please apply for this position. When applying, please include all work history. List your employers, starting with the most current/recent, including self-employment. Please do not state "refer to resume."