Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHARMACIST, Full Time Nights at St. Joseph's
at Tenet Health
Provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients including, but not limited to oversight, monitoring, preparation, dispensing and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information, patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems.
Additionally, ensures compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
May also advise physicians on medication utilization.
Responsible forthe performance of both distributive and clinical activities to assure thesafe, accurate and timely distribution of drugs.
- Review and monitor patient's medication therapy and orders written for safety and efficacy considering specific patient conditions and health status.
- Participates in the development of medication protocols, guidelines and clinical pathways as appropriate.
- Advise patient care team of issues with, or possible enhancements to, patient's medication therapy and document such interventions.
- Prepare, label and dispense medications for patients in accordance with physicians' prescriptions.
Participates inproviding education and training to other pharmacy staff members, pharmacystudents and residents, and health care team members.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and narcotics and the maintenance of required records.
- Ensure that appropriate medications are available for patients and properly procured, prepared, stored and maintained.
- Supervise the process and technical personnel who assist in preparation, maintenance and dispensing of drugs and supplies.
- Maintain liaison relationships with medical and nursing staff.
- Provide timely information pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage and compatibility, state and federal regulations regarding drug controls, and Joint Commission standards.
Required: Pharm. D. or BS in pharmacy
PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency
BCPS certification or equivalent for thespecialty within 3 years of eligibility