Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housing Program Coordinator
at Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Scope of Work: The Housing Program Coordinator oversees the diversion, homeless prevention, emergency shelter, navigation, and permanent housing placement programs for persons experiencing homelessness and at-risk of homelessness. The Housing Program Coordinator supervises staff members who directly provide these services to clients. The Housing Program Coordinator supervises a team working with a broad spectrum of persons living with HIV/AIDS and persons experiencing homelessness. The Housing Program Coordinator is a full-time, exempt position.
- Provide direct supervision to homeless prevention and navigation case management staff.
- Manage the Short Term Rent, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance (STRMU) and Permanent Housing Placement (PHP) programs.
- Manage SAAF’s emergency shelter program, provided through motel vouchers, for persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Coordinate homeless prevention and navigation with the case management, housing case management, administrative, and maintenance components of the Care Services Team.
- Serve as the Section 8 liaison for the Homeless Preference Program with the City of Tucson’s Housing and Community Development Division.
- Primary support for clients and staff members in addressing client crises.
- Serves as the back-up to the Housing Navigator and HOPWA Case Manager in serving clients when either is unavailable.
- Coordinate client services and referrals with the City of Tucson Housing and Community Development Division.
- Provide guidance and support to staff on the delivery of services to clients.
- Support Housing Team in meeting identified client needs.
- Participate in the Tucson-Pima Collaboration to End Homelessness, the local Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Continuum of Care, and in other meetings as appropriate to coordinate activities and partner with local homeless services providers.
- Attend and participate in treatment team meetings with medical providers and network with other agency and community service providers to secure appropriate, quality services for agency clients.
- Ensure homeless prevention and navigation case management staff members maintain timely and accurate documentation of all client contact.
- Serve as member of Care Services Department, working in close coordination with the clinical and housing teams.
- Attend agency staff meetings.
- Comply with SAAF employment and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Reports to the Housing Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, education, health, or related field; or one year of work or direct client/participant volunteer experience in a human service setting.
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (paid for by SAAF).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in a team leader or supervisor role.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle, a valid Arizona Driver License and a driving record that will be supported by our liability insurance provider.
- Knowledge of homelessness issues.
- Must be able to obtain Housing Quality Standards (HQS) certification and Lead Certification within six months of hire.
- Must be able to obtain SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) certification within six months of hire.
- Must be able to complete HUD’s “Getting to Work” employment training modules for people living with HIV/AIDS within six months of hire.
- Must be able to complete Healthy Arizona HEAplus certification within six months of hire.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues.
- Two years case management experience working with people with substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
- Two years’ experience working in housing or homeless services programs.
- Two years’ experience working with Tucson human service providers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with database systems.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Capable of problem solving and working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Compensation: Minimum salary $39,665 DOE; benefits include health, dental, and life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, resume with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to the Director of HR, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, 375 S. Euclid Ave., Tucson, AZ, 85719, e-mail to email@example.com or visit www.saaf.org. Open until filled.
Affirmative Action: The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Start Date: As soon as possible.