Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Scope of Work: The Accounting Associate is responsible for processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit card transactions, vendor and file maintenance, and assisting in maintaining the computerized general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the agency Policies & Procedures Manual. The Accounting Associate position is a full time, 40 hours/week non-exempt position, which may include some weekends.
- Enters A/P invoices and credit card transactions after reviewing check requests for allocation accuracy, backup documentation and authorization.
- Schedules, processes, writes and distributes checks.
- Enters cash receipts into the database.
- Reconciles monthly credit card and bank account statements.
- Responsible for filing and maintenance of all financial records.
- Prepares and posts adjustments to the accounting records.
- Prepares check requests for recurring payments.
- Prepares quarterly payroll taxes.
- Responsible for obtaining all supporting documentation for check requests, including after-the-fact receipts/invoices for blank checks released.
- Responsible for annual 1099 form information and issuance.
- Prepares various worksheets/schedules needed for monthly billings.
- Assists in the preparation of work papers for annual audit.
- Runs errands as necessary (deliver or pick up checks or miscellaneous items).
- Assists with financial aspects of fundraising events.
- Acts as backup for the Accountant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or two years of experience performing accounting functions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, perform multiple tasks, meet deadlines, identify and resolve problems and coordinate work efforts with other staff members.
- Have access to reliable transportation, a valid AZ Driver’s License and a driving record that will be supported by our liability insurance provider.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in nonprofit accounting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to ten-key by touch.
Compensation: Minimum salary $16.00/hour; benefits include health, dental, and life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, resume with dates of employment, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to the Director of HR, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, 375 S. Euclid Ave., Tucson, AZ, 85719, email to email@example.com or visit www.saaf.org. Open until filled.
Affirmative Action: The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or disability.
Start Date: As soon as possible.