The Silverleaf Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Silverleaf Club
The Silverleaf culinary department is directly responsible for member and guest satisfaction in all food operations including dining, banquets and bar service. Their purpose is manage all aspects of the food production/execution for dining, banquets & bar service. To provide friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service to the members and guests in accordance with Silverleaf Club standard operating procedures, mission statement and core values. Train, supervise, assist & coach all culinary staff in order to prepare, execute & present food according to Club standards. Most tasks are preformed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader in the absence of Executive Chef. Ensure that established practices of ordering, receiving, storage & rotation of food product are adhered.
Seek opportunities to create memories by anticipating needs, exceeding expectations and building relationships.
Skill / Requirements
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Culinary diploma or apprenticeship required.
- At least 3 years previous service experience in Sous Chef capacity (luxury private club, resort or high-end restaurant)
- Strong knowledge of the following: English language; Microsoft word & excel; five star customer service; casual, fine dining and banquet food.
- At least 3-5 years of banquet experience
- Food Safety Certification (if not already acquired, will acquire upon employment)
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required; long hours standing, bending, squatting, repetitive motions and/or walking
- Heavy work – Exerting up to (50+ pounds) of force frequently. Constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to physically handle knives, pots, supplies & display items as well as grasp, lift & carry same from shelves & transport to every area of the kitchen/club. Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height (main kitchen, grill kitchen & stone house kitchen, ect.) Proper usage & handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, food processors, grinders, mixers, & other kitchen related equipment.
- Must have high level of physical fitnessAbility to physically self-demonstrate culinary techniques, (knife skills, basic cooking principles, plate presentation, safety & sanitation practices.)
- Unusual working conditions: May be scheduled nights, weekends & holidays. May work indoors, outdoors or off site in a variety of weather conditions; working with wet/slippery floors, sharp objects, fumes and electrical equipment
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Safety Sensitive Position