Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
**IF YOU PREVIOUSLY APPLIED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION**
THIS IS A TERM-LIMITED POSITION
Definition: Under general supervision from the Application Development Supervisor, assists with coding, documentation and maintenance of SRPMIC custom designed JAVA software applications. This job class is treated as FLSA Exempt.
Essential Functions: Essential functions may vary among positions and may include the following tasks, knowledge, abilities, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not intended to be comprehensive listing of tasks performed by all positions in this classification.
Tasks:1. Participates in requirements gathering and analysis. Reviews requirements with senior team members to ensure clarity and understanding.
2. Develops Java, JSP and JSF code in accordance with design specifications, coding standards, policies and procedures. Incorporates feedback received from senior team members during code reviews in current and future development efforts.
3. Unit tests developed code and document tests as required by the departmental and/or project development guidelines.
4. Provides timely and accurate updates of individual progress during the project development phase, communicating all variations to commitments as they are known.
5. Assists in the development and execution of system, integration and user acceptance test cases and scripts as requested by the project management teams.
6. Participates in the documentation and support of applications and systems, adhering to the department and organizational production change management policies and procedures. Provides 24x7 support of critical applications as assigned and directed by the Application Development Supervisor.
7. Participates in the design and architecture of developed software systems.
8. Provides guidance and mentorship for the Programmer I staff.
9. Performs other job-related tasks as assigned by the Application Development Supervisor, Assistant IT Director or IT Director/CIO.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of general principals of programming and programming languages.
- Knowledge of database table design methodology and data table normalization.
- Knowledge of software development and implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge of software testing and documentation methodologies.
- Knowledge of JAVA (Standard and Enterprise Edition), HTML, jQuery, AJAX and Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies (SDLC).
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server, Hibernate, Eclipse, Universal Modeling Language (UML), Model View Controller architecture, Java Server Faces, Object Oriented Analysis and Object Oriented Design methodologies, Agile or Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Skill finding solutions through technical support channels and peers.
- Skill learning new programming languages and methodologies quickly with minimum supervision.
- Skill with verbal and written communication.
- Ability to impart specific expertise and knowledge to peers and staff through individual mentoring and team efforts.
- Ability to quickly change priorities and respond to short-term tasks as needed to keep computer network operational.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with all levels of the department and Community.
- Ability to learn quickly and be willing to tackle tasks requiring advanced problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn new programming languages and methodologies quickly with minimum supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry 45 lbs.
Skill / Requirements
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Experience: 3 years demonstrated experience with JAVA (Standard and Enterprise Edition), HTML and Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies (SDLC) required.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the following technologies required:
- Universal Modeling Language (UML)
- Model View Controller architecture
- Struts framework or JSF
- Object Oriented Analysis and Object Oriented Design methodologies
- Agile or Waterfall Software Development Lifecycle Methodologies
- Demonstrated successful experience in the following technologiesispreferred:
- Hibernate or MyBatis
- MS SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- OpenESB or other middleware technologies (IBM MQ Series, etc.)
- Formal QA/Testing
- Equivalency: Any equivalent combination of education and experience that will allow the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the job may be considered.
- Special Requirements: May be required to work beyond normal work hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
Prior to hire as an employee, applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing. Will be required to pass a pre-employment background/fingerprint check. Employees are subject to random and alcohol testing. "SRPMIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer" Preference will be given to a qualified Community Member, then a qualified Native American and then other qualified candidates.
Application instructions: To apply or view full job description go to www.srpmic-nsn.gov/employment *Resumes alone will not be accepted. This position is open until 02/21/2019
To apply for this position or to view the full job description, please visit our website at http://www.srpmic-nsn.gov/employment/ then select Employment Opportunities. Open until 02/21/2019