Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Services Coordinator
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Openings as of 11/16/2018
Child Nutrition Services
- Child Nutrition Services Coordinator JobID: 1296
- Position Type:
Child Nutrition Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Knowledge of USDA, Federal School Meals Program, and county health department regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Meal requirements for all food programs, NSBP, NSLP, SFSP, CACFP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good nutrition principles; price and portion controls; proper ordering and storage of food; food handling, safety, and sanitation standards and techniques; correct utilization of kitchen equipment and supplies; inventory and record keeping procedures; and experience with organizing for the transporting of food are all essential.
- Knowledge in catering events.
- Demonstrates ability to make good decisions.
- Knowledge and ability to use commercial kitchen equipment safely.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment for self and others.
- Proficiency in English and general communication skills (oral and written) for providing work direction, and interacting with staff, students and administration.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 100 pounds using a cart with wheels, and ability to bend, reach, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
TITLE: CNS Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Child Nutrition Services – Level 23
REPORTS TO: Child Nutrition Services Supervisor
SUMMARY: The CNS Coordinator, under the direction of the District Child Nutrition Supervisor will assist the operation to meet Nutrition Standards and help as needed with Catering.
1. Assisting planning, implementing, monitoring, coordinating, reviewing, and evaluation food service program menus and operations for all sites.
2. Comply with USDA, county health codes, OSHA, and District regulations pertinent to all CNS program.
3. Assist in ordering food, ingredients and supplies for meal production on site, coordinate produce and bakery orders for assigned schools and oversee any in house production for distribution.
4. Participate in menu development and new product implementation.
5. Assist the Culinary Program Specialist as needed.
6. Assist in catering functions as needed.
7. Able to work some weekends and evenings as needed.
8. Analyze menus using computer software system.
9. Help site Managers with P.O.S software.
10. Prepare nutritionals of all items served in the program and distribute to each site.
11. Prepare recipe books for each site to properly prepare menu.
12. Assist with the Summer Food Service Program by monitoring, preparing, and record keeping.
13. Conduct taste testing, plate waste studies, and nutrition education.
14. Help at school sites if needed.
15. Assist with the FF&V program.
16. Assist the CACFP program.
17. Assist with student dietary concerns and maintain dietary records.
18. Assist with Free and reduced applications.
19. Demonstrate a cooperative spirit in working with the school staff and administration.
20. Ensure that all nutrition center staff maintains high standards of safety and sanitation as reflected in health inspections and District monitoring reports.
21. Use safe work practices in all functions.
22. Attend meetings, workshops, and in-service training.
23. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card.
Dietician or Nutrition education background preferred
Three years’ experience in school child nutrition or equivalent training and/or experience with large institutional food service program.
The work environment is in a normal office setting, production kitchen and in a warehouse environment that has dirt, dust, engine fumes, and machinery noise and vibration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, level 23, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.