Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019/2020 Anticipated Health Aide
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Openings as of 3/22/2019
- 2019/2020 Anticipated Health Aide JobID: 1438
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED TITLE: Health Aide
- Assist students with physical tasks including personal care, grooming, dressing, toileting, diapering, mobility, feeding, and disposal of bodily fluids as stated in the student’s individualized education plan.
- Assist the school nurse or therapist in medical situations arising from specialized equipment including bags, feeding tubes, respiratory devices, wheelchair, and therapy equipment.
- Transport students to on-site community-based or extracurricular activities to meet the needs as stated in the student’s individualized education plan.
- Assist with lifting and positioning students.
- Assist with restraints.
- Assist with student enrichment activities such as field trips, art, music, music, drama, and recreational experiences.
- Provide hands-on assistance to students with physical limitations.
- Assist with record keeping.
- Assist with inventory and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain schedule as developed by supervising teacher.
- Bill for Medicaid services rendered.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administration.
- Good emotional and physical health .
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds and push or pull 75 pounds.
CLASSIFICATION: Special Needs Department – Level 10
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Assistant Superintendent for Special Needs
SUMMARY: The health aide will provide assistance to special needs students who are physically, mentally, and/or emotionally challenged in order for students to gain the full benefit of the special education program.
High school diploma or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
CPR and First Aide certificates for infants, children and adults.
Experience in working with severely handicapped students or young adults is preferred as well as experience working with learning disabled individuals.
The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Level 10, Timesheet
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!