Roosevelt Elementary School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2018/2019 - Speech Language Pathologist
at Roosevelt Elementary School District
Job Reference #: 1389
Categories: Healthcare - Lab/Hematology/Pathology, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Openings as of 3/22/2019
- 2018/2019 - Speech Language Pathologist JobID: 1389
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED JOB TITLE: Speech Language Pathologist
- Evaluate children referred for speech, voice, fluency and language assessment.
- Prepare assessment reports for all students evaluated.
- Participates in the development of individual evaluation plans (IEP) for disabled students receiving speech language therapy as a primary or support service.
- Recommends appropriate treatment of students included in a speech treatment program.
- Serves as a consultant to the student evaluation teams at each school.
- Prepares progress reports for students, parents, and teachers.
- Serves as a consultant to teachers in developing classroom programs to enhance student communication functioning
- Will supervise speech language pathology assistance
- Will participate in IEP meetings
- Recommends appropriate materials and equipment needed to meet the needs of children receiving services.
- Recommends referrals to outside agencies as needed.
- Performances other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Special Needs.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Valid Arizona license and certificate in speech and language impairment
- Experience in speech and language therapy, evaluation, and treatment of children preferred.
- Must hold a Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) or be ready to begin the Clinical Fellowship Year.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Needs
POSITION SUMMARY: To contribute to the student's ability to benefit from their education by evaluating and treating those student's with deficits in the areas of: speech, fluency, and language development which impede the learning process and to advise teachers on ways to improve their students' communication abilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The working environment is a classroom setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month, Occupational Therapist Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!